Building on a legacy of advanced medical science
From its inception in 2010, Sunovion has focused on building its global infrastructure, throughout North America and Europe in particular, to broaden the availability of current and future medicines.
Sunovion has reinforced its track record of bringing new therapies to people with serious psychiatric and neurological conditions, including treatments to address schizophrenia, bipolar depression, and partial-onset seizures associated with epilepsy. We pioneered a unique approach to discovery in the CNS space based on a systems neurobiology platform that facilitates rapid clinical development.
Building on its heritage in respiratory health, Sunovion has expanded its portfolio to include treatments for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Sunovion has developed and supported leading advocacy programs, working with national advocacy partners in the U.S., and has also supported hundreds of other advocacy events held regionally in the U.S., as well as in the U.K. and Canada.
Sunovion proudly supports hundreds of employees donating thousands of volunteer hours to the local communities in which we live and work.
Key Sunovion Milestones
- FDA approves Kynmobi™ (apomorphine hydrochloride) sublingual film for the treatment of OFF episodes associated with Parkinson's disease (PD).
- Sunovion Hands On! Annual Community Service Program contributes more than 30,000 employee volunteer hours in 439 projects in eight years to community organizations and relief efforts
- FDA approves LATUDA® (lurasidone HCl) for the treatment of bipolar depression in pediatric patients (10 to 17 years of age)
- Sunovion Hands On! Annual Community Service Program contributes more than 25,000 employee volunteer hours in 415+ projects in seven years to community organizations and relief efforts
- Health Canada approves of Aptiom® (eslicarbazepine acetate) as adjunctive therapy for the treatment of partial-onset seizures in adolescents above six years of age and as a monotherapy for adults with epilepsy
- Sunovion Announces Lonhala® Magnair® (glycopyrrolate) Inhalation Solution Available in the U.S. for the Treatment of COPD
- FDA approves LATUDA® (lurasidone HCl) for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults and adolescents (13 to 17 years of age)
- Sunovion ranks as second-fastest growing pharmaceutical company*
- Receives Corporate Responsibility Award from the United Way of Tri-County for partnership in creating stronger communities
- Sunovion Hands On! Annual Community Service Program contributes more than 20,000 employee volunteer hours over five years to youth organizations and community relief efforts
- Completes acquisition of Cynapsus Therapeutics and its product candidate designed to address OFF episodes associated with Parkinson’s Disease
- Sunovion marks its fifth anniversary
- FDA approves APTIOM to be used alone or with other medicines to treat partial-onset seizures
- Honored with Corporate Leadership Award from The JED Foundation for efforts in mental health
- Receives Scrip Award for Management Team of the Year and Silver Stevie Award for Global Clinical Development Organization
- European Commission grants Marketing Authorization for LATUDA® (lurasidone HCl) for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults
- Health Canada approves APTIOM™ (eslicarbazepine acetate) as an adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial-onset seizures in patients with epilepsy who are not satisfactorily controlled with conventional therapy
- The FDA approves LATUDA® (lurasidone HCl) to treat depressive episodes in bipolar I disorder in adults when used alone or with lithium or valproate
- The FDA approves Aptiom® (eslicarbazepine acetate) to be used with other medicines to treat partial-onset seizures
- Completes acquisition of Elevation Pharmaceuticals and its product candidate to address moderate-to-severe COPD
- Launches annual Hands On! community service program to give back where employees live and work
- Health Canada approves LATUDA™ (lurasidone HCl) for the management of the manifestations of schizophrenia in adult patients
- Announces partnership with CARE to help improve the health and lives of those in need
- Sunovion is established following the integration of Sepracor Inc. and Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma America, Inc., former U.S. operations of Sunovion’s parent company Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd.
- The FDA approves LATUDA® (lurasidone HCl) for the treatment of adult patients with schizophrenia